Healthcare Centre With Facilities & Specialist Services
At Putra Medical Centre we are committed to serving our patients with compassion and care. We offer a comprehensive range of medical services, complemented with world-class medical facilities, administered by professional and experienced healthcare specialists.
General Medicine / Consultant Physician
1. Non-Invasive Diagnostic Procedures
- Transoesophageal Echocardiography (TOE)
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography (DSE)
- Echocardiography With Colour Flow Doppler
- ECG Treadmill (Stress Test)
- Executive Health Screening & ECG
- 24 hours Holter Monitoring
2. Invasive Procedures
- Coronary Anglogram and Angioplasty (PCI)
- Carotid Anglogram
- Renal Anglogram and Angioplasty
- Peripheral Anglogram and Angioplasty
- Temporary Pacemaker Insertion
- Single and Dual Chambers Permanent Pacemakers/Insertion
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Pregnancy Check up and ultrasound
Normal delivery / Instrumental / Caesarean section
- Detailed Scan and Anomaly Scan
- Vaginal Surgeries for Pelvic Organ
- Prolapsed and Sling Operation
- Inability to Conceive / Infertility
- HPV Vaccination
- Medical Conditions in Pregnancy
- Fetal Conditions and Anomalies
- Family Planning
Laparoscopic Hernia Repair
CTEV (Laser For Varicose Veins)
- Degenerative spine, Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar Shoulder, Knee and Ankle sport injury
- Orthopaedic Trauma procedure fixation and rehabilitation
- Full Endoscopic
- Spine Surgery
- Knee and Hip Replacement
- Wound care
- Pain Management
Phacoemulsification Extracapsular Cataract Extraction
- Head Injury with Concussion
- Traffic and Worksite Accident
- Medical Check Up and Health
- Screening Procedural Sedation and Analgesia
- Infectious Diseases in Paediatrics
- Common Disorders in GIT System
- Common Dermatological Diseases
- Childhood Asthma
- Childhood Immunization and Vaccination
- Bone Marrow Aspiration
- Neonatal/Newborn Assessment
Ear Nose Throat Surgeries
Ultra Sonogram Fluoroscopy
64- Slices CT Scan
640- Slices CT Scan (August 2023 onwards) First in Kedah
MRI 1.5 Tesla
Intensive Care Unit With Ventilator
High Dependency Unit
Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre
Post-Natal Care (Confinement) Centre
1. Patient’s Rights
Patient & Family are entitled to:
- To receive healthcare and treatment with care, consideration, respect, and without any discrimination regardless of race or religion.
- To know the identity of your doctor or attending medical staff.
- To obtain safe medical services and the right to get second opinion regarding the treatment.
- To receive a detailed bill for all changes incurred (upon your request).
- To make decision about the medical care and take the responsibility (if decided) to leave hospital even against medical advice.
- In the case of a minor, consent should be obtained from the parent or guardian before carrying out any procedure. In the case of an incapacitated patient and delay would be dangerous, a doctor shall carry out the necessary treatment or operation.
- To give suggestion to improve our hospital services directly to us or via Suggestion Box.
- To be responsible for safe keeping of personal belongings.
- To donate organ with consent from family member or if you are already a registered donor.
2. Pre Admission
Admission to the hospital can happen in various ways. Whether it starts as an emergency or as a planned admission, a hospital stay is often the first stage in a series of transitions which you and your family members will feel more prepared to deal with and perhaps less anxious when you know what to expect.
What to bring along when you come to the hospital
- An admission kit is available upon request and changed accordingly for your use. The kit contains basic toiletries; however, you may bring your own.
- Underwear, slippers and a set of clothes to wear on discharge. The hospital only provides you with a gown to wear during your stay.
- Your routine medication will be given by the hospital, however you may bring your own medication for consumption upon confirmation with your doctor in PMC.
- A mobile phone with charger. (At your own risk)
What (not to bring) when you come to the hospital
- Valuables such as jewellery, electronic and large sums of cash.
- All kinds of food and fruits with strong smell like durian & etc.
- All kinds of alcohol drinks.
Infection prevention and control
Infection control practices are meticulously followed as we are committed to providing the highest standards of clinical care. Our hospital has an infection control team, who monitor hospital associated infections and antibiotic usage as per national and internally accepted protocols.
if you have any special requirements that you wish to discuss before your stay, please contact our customer care and keep us informed well in advance.
3. In Patients Information
- The unit nurse will welcome you and orientate you with your room.
- Your doctor and nurse will discuss with you a plan of care to tailor to your medical needs.
- Nutritional/ dietary advice shall be provided if deemed necessary by our medical team.
- A typical day at the ward starts between 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. with a wash and bed preparation. The room is ensured of its cleanliness by our housekeeping team. Meals are served according to schedule. ‘Lights out’ is at 10 p.m.
Preparing for surgery
- Your consultant will brief you in detail on the surgery procedures.
- You or a family member will be asked to read, understand and sign a consent form.
- You will undergo a pre-anaesthesia check by the anaesthetist.
Prior to surgery (where applicable)
- You are required to fast the night before your surgery. You cannot even consume water.
- Your doctor may instruct a bowel preparation prior to surgery.
- The site of the surgery will be shaved or clipped and marked with a pen, where applicable.
- Contact lenses, prosthesis, dentures and jewellery should be removed.
4. Visiting Hours / Visitor’s Information
Visiting hours are as follow:
|10.00 a.m. – 10.00 p.m.|
|After visiting hours, only visitor is allowed into the general ward. In such cases, you would have to register first with security from 10 p.m. to 12 midnight to collect your visitor pass. The number of the room you are visiting is stated on your visitor pass.|
HDU (High Dependency Unit)
|12.00 p.m. – 2.00 p.m. / 5.00 p.m. – 9.00 p.m.|
|Only one person is allowed in a time. No children are allowed access to this part of the hospital.|
For patients’ companion
In multi-bedded rooms the hospital does not allow more than one person to accompany the patient for an overnight stay. At the High Dependency Unit (HDU), labour wards, Operating Theatre (OT) recovery area and other critical areas, no companions are allowed at all although visits are allowed periodically.
Companions of patients who have been shifted from general wards to the critical areas mentioned above, should vacate the rooms immediately. Once the patient is deemed clinically fit to be shifted back to the wards, the companion may stay.
By Cash, Credit & Debit Card
- Once deemed fit for discharge by the Consultant, it will take one hour (on average) to prepare the bill.
- The ward staff will prepare discharge and payment documents as well as your medication.
- Once the bill is ready, show your discharge and bill settlement documents at the Billing department.
- For credit card payments, only VISA, MasterCard & American Express are accepted.
- You will be given your Discharge Notification document, investigation report, drug prescription and your medicine based on your drug prescription.
- Inform your consultant if you need a medical certificate (MC).
- Upon settlement of bill, please vacate the room promptly in consideration of other patients.
- This payment method may take up to four hours to process.
- If you would like to leave the hospital earlier, you will have to leave a security deposit that is equivalent to the outstanding bill with our billing department. This will be refunded once approval is obtained from your insurance company.
- If your insurance company has denied approval, please settle payment by cash, credit & debit card.
- If the approved amount is less than the final bill, you will need to pay the balance.
- Do request for the original copy of your bill.
PMC offers a convenient way to purchase selected items from our Pharmacy.
• Over the counter medication (OTC) Small medical equipment e.g. Thermometer, BP set, Nebulizer, etc
• Vitamins / Supplements
• Milk powder
CALL us to place your pick-up orders for collection at our Drive -Thru Window.
019-4506888 / 04-7342888 ext 1006/1005