ICU/HDU STATE REGISTERED NURSE (SRN)
- Responsible for rendering professional nursing care to patient within an assigned cubicle of the ICU/HDU.
- ICU/HDU Registered Nurses ensure that life support equipment, such as ventilators and feeding tubes functions properly.
- Rendered professional nursing care to patients within an assigned cubicle of the ICU or HDU
- To work on shift duties. Acts on behalf of the Nursing Supervisor in setting standards and expectations for the quality of patient care.
- Provide nursing care to critically ill patients in the ICU or HDU by keeping all patients under close observation and administering prescribed medications and treatment.
- Help the doctor or other medical personnel in the assessment of patients and delivery of treatment, such as dressing wounds and monitoring the life support equipment that the patient uses.
- To provide individualized holistic care to patients using the nursing process approach with proper nursing documentation in each patient’s records.
- The ICU/HDU nurse is required to familiarize themselves with health, safety, and fire regulations and the accident notification system while taking all possible steps to safeguard the health and welfare of staff, patients, and colleagues during working hours.
- Diploma in Nursing.
- Registered with Malaysia Nursing Board.
- Preferably, Critical Care or Intensive Care Post-Basic or its equivalent or privilege granted.
- Preferably Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) holders.