STATE REGISTERED NURSE / MEDICAL ASSISTANT -OPERATION THEATRE (OT)
- The OT SRN/OT MA has the authority to determine the scope of nursing care and services to be provided to patients under his or her care. This includes evaluation, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care.
- The OT SRN or OT MA must perform his or her duties or tasks in accordance with the core procedures that have been certified and privileged with.
- During daily duties, the OT SRN/OT MA has entire authority over clinical, administrative, and resource management.
- Supervises and aids the scrub nurse as needed.
- Position the patient, prepare the operating environment, and adjust the table to the right position in accordance with normal rules.
- Assists the surgeon, anaesthesiologist, and other personnel as needed to ensure appropriate patient care.
- Ensure that all drugs are given and recorded in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Diploma in Nursing or Diploma in Medical Assistant
- Registered with Malaysia Nursing Board orRegistered with Medical Assistant Board
- Preferably perioperative post-basic or its equivalent.
- Preferably Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) (advantage) holders.